Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prologue

I'm sure this is news to most, but Amanda and I are expecting our first child. We found out about two weeks ago, are due in July and are very excited. It's still very early and there are a lot of uncerainties ahead of us. Also ahead of us are sure to be truly exciting and memorable events and that I want to chronicle as well as I can. To do this, I'm becoming an (un)official blogger.

I've never blogged. As a New Year's Resolution for '08 I tried to keep a journal. That lasted until March and was spotty at best as far as daily entires go. At the start of '09 I tried to reignite the journal idea and I think I got as far as one entry. So needless to say my track record for things like this is not very good. But what better excuse to use for blogging than the expected arrival of my first child?

I have one main goal during the duraction of this blog and that is to be as honest and as candid as possible. I not only want to highlight the critical elements of the pregnancy, but also the events that have led us to this point. While I want to focus on the excitement surrounding the coming months, I want to be sure to note the down times and those unexpected hurdles which can make life challenging.

Some of these entries will be funny. Some sad. Some insightful and some downright stupid. Perhaps some of these will be written under the influence of alcohol. Hey, I'm not the one who's knocked up. We'll laugh, we'll cry. You'll ask, "What the hell is wrong with this guy?" I have only one rule when it comes to reading these--

Have a kick-ass time (fisties)...

No comments:

Post a Comment